Yesterday morning I opened my email and saw a message from Priscilla at Serenity Amidst Frustration. It said that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Obviously I was filled with excitement and confusion as to why Priscilla had nominated me. This prompted me to do a little research about the award.After a bit of poking around I found out that it’s an award with German origins, the clue being in the name meaning many things along the lines of ‘dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend’. OK. The award also comes with rules which I will list at the foot of this post.
So it’s my turn to accept and rule number 1 of thanking the person who nominated you goes without saying. There is no way I could have written this post without Serenity Amidst Frustration. My nominations are listed after ’11 random facts about myself’ along with the questions I would like to know about each of my nominations.
11 Questions For Me
1.) What motivated you to start your blog?
I started ‘Power of Mum’ after spending the first 6 months of my maternity leave with my second child not really doing much that was constructive. I just needed my brain to be challenged in other ways.
2.) Is there something that you learned about blogging that you wish you had known prior to becoming a blogger?
I wish I knew that it can be so addictive. I now have to have shut off time from blogging and learn a little more self control.
3.) What words would you use to encourage someone who has been thinking about starting a blog?
Go for it. Find your muse. Be shameless (as Shameless Maya taught me)
4.) What is the most valuable life lesson you have learned so far and are willing to share?
Follow your heart and go at your own pace, do not compare yourself with others, everyone has a time for their calling.
5.) What piece of advice would you give to a new graduate or someone in transition regarding careers?
What I said in question 4, don’t compare yourself to your friends, we all move at our own pace. Put your thoughts out in to the Universe and let the energy bounce back to you when the time is right.
6.) Do you like to plan things ahead of time or do you like to “wing it?”
A bit of both, sometimes I plan meticulously and sometimes I go for it without any thought.
7.) What has been strongest for you in your life, your doubts or your faith?
Without a doubt, my faith.
8.) If you don’t mind sharing, what would you say has been your greatest challenge in this life?
Learning to find myself, learning to love myself telling myself I can be myself, unapologetically.
9.) What is your least favorite color?
I’m struggling to find one. I don’t want to say one for the sake of answering the question ’cause I secretly don’t want to hurt it’s emotions.
10.) What do you do to relax after a long day?
Lay on my sofa and pass out!
11.) Based on the places that you have traveled (if so) to date, what location do you like best?
Zanzibar, I want to grow old there. It’s an island off the coast of Tanzania (East Africa) which is where my parents are from.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I used to speak 5 languages
- I cut all but a couple of inches of my hair off in December 2009
- I just got my driver’s license 4 months ago but I don’t drive my car anywhere I haven’t been before
- I am a hopeless romantic
- I once believed I was an atheist
- I am now in touch with my spiritual self
- I love my sleep
- I am a Lioness (Leo)
- I have been mistaken for being from Brazil, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Barbados
- I was raised by a single mum
- I am the eldest of 3 girls
OVER TO YOU!
MY NOMINations and 11 questions i would like to ask
- The Beauty of My Life
- We Hear a Different Drumbeat…
- A Momma’s View
- Lily Pups Life
- My Petite Planet
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What do your friends and family think about your blogging affairs?
- What is the one thing you are sure about on this earth and your life?
- What motivates you to keep going when you are down?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
- How do you handle embarrassment?
- What colour do you see in the dress? Blue and black or white and gold?
- Do your read at all, if so, name one book which you think would convert a non-reader into a book worm.
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is your dream job and have you obtained it yet?
- On a scale of 1-10 (1 is least, 10 is most), how full do you think you have lived your life so far?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)